Monday, December 6, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
- I need to send some more specific content details to the web designer,
- Decide on a layout for the home page,
- Work out a background for the site I am happy with,
- I have a number of ppl who have expressed serious interest so to you all I need to send application forms and invoices - which leads to point two
- I need to learn how to work my new invoice program - I think I just need a few hours to play with it
- Email info to more ppl to encourage participation
- I have a few blogs in mind to sponsor but would like to investigate them all more and narrow the list,
- look at doing some print advertising - not until the site is live so a month or two before it is critical.
- This blog is in desperate need of a face lift and while I can do some computer things websites and blog design is not one of them so todays task is tracking down a designer who can but for a reasonable price!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Manage your Online Time
If you are planning to sit at your computer make sure you do so with a definite purpose in mind. It is important to spread the word and of course answer emails but if you are anything like me it can zap time away from your real purpose before you know it!!
It can help to keep a notebook by your computer and always list your goals and to-do lists in it, all in once place. I know we talked about lists the other day too but this has really helped me curb my online procrastinating. It helps prevent you from aimlessly checking email or surfing the net and getting lost.
Know what you need to accomplish, write it down, do it, and move on to the next activity. I keep a small notepad there and it is separate to my daily to-do lists that way I have no excuse for taking it away from the computer.
While we are on the topic of online time management and an other area I have to be very mindful of is checking your email all day, instead just check it two or 3 times a day (at most) and answer all the emails at the same time. You can set an alarm to go off in your phone if you like so you restrict yourself. Soon it will become habit.
Do you get on do the task and get off? Or do dawdle your way around facebook, twitter and the like??